Nov 13, 2013

Taeyang Talks About the Past and Present of YG Entertainment

rl3
YG Entertainment is one of the “Big Three” entertainment agencies in South Korea. It has produced artists such as Jinusean, 1TYM, and Se7en, and it continues to deepen its mark in the K-Pop world producing Big Bang, Psy, and 2NE1 who are loved by many around the world.

Big Bang, in particular, holds an important position in YG Entertainment. CEO Yang Hyun Suk recently stated in an official meeting, “Eight years ago, YG was able to grow as a major company thanks to Big Bang.” It would be safe to say there is a significant differences in YG Entertainment before and after Big Bang.
For Taeyang, who has been under YG Entertainment since the young age of 13, it brings back many memories. In an interview session on November 11, Taeyang said, “I’ve been thinking about the past a lot these days.”
“The company building is very big. Back in the days, we began in a small building. We walked past the old building yesterday and talked about things that happened there. If I look back, many things happened. It brings back old memories as I think of how YG has grown and how we are a part of its history. I’m happy to have been a part of it,” Taeyang said.
He continued, “There was no system in the past. All of the current trainees are being trained under a system. We have a good training system. When we were trainees, we learned from watching hyungs practice and made mental notes to ourselves. We began receiving formal training right before we debuted. Back then, we had to figure things out ourselves. Sometimes, I envy the trainees now, and I realize just how much the company has grown.”
Taeyang talked about the changes YG has gone under as he reminisced, “Before, I knew all the people who worked at the company building, and all of them knew what we were up to. Because we were a smaller company, everyone was connected. Now, that the company has grown, there are more people I don’t know. Aside from the ‘WIN’ trainees, there are many trainees I do not know. It feels like a real company now.”
However, he added, “In a way I feel happy, but on the other hand, it reminds me a lot of the past. A part of me misses the old days.”
Meanwhile, Taeyang made a solo comeback after a three-year hiatus with “Ringa Linga.” He took on a new image as well as transforming musically.
Taeyang talked about his future plans and said, “I chose ‘Ringa Linga’ to show a different side of me. I plan on releasing another single before the complete album is released, and I hope to continue to show new sides of myself.”
Source: Nate News
Translation: soompi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment