Mar 26, 2012

Big Bang @ Inkigayo Pre-Recording

Note: Only official VIP fanclub members are allowed to watch BIGBANG's pre-recordings. This pre-recording is for the April 1 episode of Inkigayo.

Wow…was this a hell of an experience… It was definitely a lot more interesting than last week’s pre-recording. So without further ado, as the resident native English-speaking VIP, I’ll recount the juicy details.

This week’s recording was unusual because rather than broadcasting the same day, BB prerecorded for next week’s Inkigayo. And by the power of my amazing neighborhood PC bang, I was able to snag number 10 out of 350! A vast improvement from my number 240 last week. And this number was well worth all the waiting in the cold.

First, we lined up around 4pm and we had to wait outside until the live show was over. Luckily, I was able to watch on my phone right as BB performed and accepted the Mutizen award. All of the VIPs outside did a cute little cheer. It was nothing crazy because we pretty much knew they would win, since staff opened the live show to some fans last minute. And besides, we are chic VIPs, lol.

As number 10, I assumed I would be front row center standing and I was right! However, as we waited, the crew announced that they would do a dry rehearsal without fans so we were shuttled outside again. Around 6pm, we went back inside.

(WARNING: SPOILERS)

FANTASTIC BABY


The layout of the stage had stairs on the right and left sides and also a small set in the middle. There was a clear compartment at the top of each of the four stairs on the sides. Taeyang and Top were on the left and Seungri and Daesung were on the right. GD was in the middle. The computer graphics were pretty much like last week’s.

-Outfits/Hair/Make-up

GD: white outfit from FB M/V; white bandana around his next, platinum blonde weave, left eye had glittery makeup.

TOP: mint green suit, mint green hair, hot pink eyebrows.

Taeyang: black outfit, metal shoulder piece from FB M/V.

Daesung: dark purple suede suit.

Seungri: red military coat, red leather pants and boots.

As before, BB recorded this song about 5-ish times and also recorded intro shots of the boys in their clear compartments (minus GD who sat on the stairs in the middle). Regarding the intros, Taeyang of course did the most movement, TOP barely moved as always (he would just stare and cock his head sideways), and Daesung/Seungri had very intense stares, too. The maknaes finished quicker than TaeTOP. Throughout all of the takes in the day, GD was always focused and conscious of how he should position himself and move in his performance. Quite the professional!

(In no particular order)

-A Daesung fan near me took every opportunity to shout “DAESUNG-OPPA!” in a distinctive, screeching voice, lmao. Dae would often react to her and smile embarrassingly. But the cameraman in front of her often got annoyed because of her yelling, lol.

-I shouted members’ names, mostly Jiyong, and some English. It’s hard not to be aware of me since I was dead-center, lol. GD always acted the chic leader that he was. He was always focused on the performance rather than doing fanservice like the others. But fans got a lot more reactions in the Bad Boy recording. Every smile and look was precious. <333 -Taeyang once again gave his thanks and love to the VIPs, such as repeating “VIP 최고!” (VIP are the best!). He always loves talking to VIPs and would often get disappointed if his mic wasn’t on. This was especially true when he was the first to do his intro shots. While the camera was being set up, he talked to us and waved a lot. -Se7en briefly came into the studio after his fanmeeting (inside SBS as well) and wanted to wait for BB to come out too. I could hardly see him though from where I was standing. -Before one of the takes, the PD told Seungri to do a shuffle dance for the fans. VIPs remarked that his all-red outfit looked like ddeokbokki, and the PD would refer to Seungri as ddeokbokki, too. At one point, Seungri asked us if we ate and everyone said no. But then he said that he doesn’t have any money for ddeokbokki so GD would treat everyone, haha. -When Dae had to go to his spot atop the stairs, he skipped cutely across the stage. Seungri also replied to the PD saying “YES, SIR!” when he was inside the clear compartment. -I pretty much followed GD with my eyes during each take. I guess I took his method he mentioned on You&I to heart, haha. -Instead of GD doing a solo dance in the 2nd chorus, Seungri does one and GD shouted “VI!” -TOP said that everyone should call Daesung “Abai Kang” (fans were saying that Dae looked like soondae, and abai soondae is one variety of it). Later on before a different take, TOP made everyone chant it and Taeyang went along with it too. While the VIPs chanted along with Taeyang’s direction, TOP and Seungri beatboxed to it, much to Daesung’s embarrassment. The PD also called Dae by “Abai” lol. -At the end of the last take for FB, Jiyong was exhausted and fell to the ground like last week and Daesung was really tired too and bumped into TOP cutely. (ToDae<333) -Dae, TOP, and Tae were taking turns rapping starting with the Japanese word donburi, lol. -While waiting for the group intro shot, GD would tap a beat into his mic with his fingers. All the VIPs would say how cool he was, lol.


BAD BOY


After FB was performed, we were shuttled out into the cold again since the staff needed another hour and a half to prepare the Bad Boy stage. I was wondering why they just didn’t use the same stage like last week. The fanstaff were making such a hullabaloo about everyone, especially the people who were standing, having their lightsticks, which made it even more suspicious, haha.

So, an hour and a half later, we walked inside again to find an opentopped circular cage that extended from the front of the stage. O_O There were white bars all around with taller ones in the back half. Since I was one of the first people in, I quickly took a spot on the left edge. So, VIPs stood around the front half of the circle and then the rest of the fans stood on stage for the back half.

-Outfits/Hair/Make-up

GD: black pants with many safety pins and black duck tape, a blackshirt with Marilyn Monroe (but half her face is covered with a red bandana, silver bracelets and a chunky silver cross necklace, bright yellow extensions, and a black bandana on his head.

TOP: red pants with a black pattern, red coat, the hat with feathers.

Taeyang: baggy patterned pants, black hoodie with the sleeves cut off, and those damn feminine tan-colored sunglasses.

Daesung: leather pants, (why can’t I exactly remember what he was wearing on top? lol), I think a white top? My mid is blanking out.

Seungri: Black pants, black cotton biker gloves, and a red and black top/jacket I think. 

I think you’ll understand why I can remember their pants so vividly, and not their tops, LMAO.

- Fortunately for me, Seungri and GD were on my side a lot, especially maknae because his starting point was right in front of me. Of course, the reason I can’t recall Seungri’s exact outfit was because I was mostly staring at his pants lol. That was how close he was to me, and all of BB for that matter.

-YES, I HAD CLOSE-UPS OF BB’S CROTCHES AND BUTTS. (To not make this fanaccount completely perverted, I reserve those details for my closest friends, lol.) Let’s just say that mostly GD, Seungri, and Daesung made me a happy camper that night haha.

-So, yes, Seungri’s starting point was always on my side. and he would lean over the railing in front of me. I had to look striaght up at him. I am now very well acquainted with Seungri’s knee area too (and GD…keke). It was so close that his shoe hit my knuckles. It took all my restraint not to just touch any of the members lmao. Well that, and the fact I probably would be banned and deported for my actions. Seungri chatted with our side a bit. We would call out his name and I even told him I was an American fan. Mostly, he would tease us by looking out and then putting his index finger to his lips to quiet us. He did mention though that it wasn’t BB’s last Inki performance. One of the cameras starts with a close-up of his face in the beginning of Bad Boy, so it was interesting to see him prepare for that. He would first look down, which was the perfect vantage point for me to stare at him and I think I laughed at him a little, lol, cause his face was so serious.

-VIPs were telling Tae that he had something on his clothes but he couldn’t find it for the longest time lol.

-TOP randomly danced in the middle. Many VIPs screamed and GD who was closest to the fans on back stage cutely shut his ears from the noise.

-GD mostly replied to fans in the front and back. His little comments and reactions to them were cute. I think he shows more fanservice when VIPs are closer to him. He would say “Thank you, you too” if someone said he was cool, pretty, or sexy and would also answer questions and even ask them again about what they said if he couldn’t hear. He’s very subtle about it lol. I know secretly inside his ego was bursting at the seams.

-At one point, he finally responded to my “Jiyong-ah” and he cutely and quickly looked at me, smirked and did a little wave. ::swoon::

-All of the members came so close to me, I’m sure my loud fanchants bothered them haha. Good thing it was all in English. I wonder if they could hear that I was a native speaker…

-Anyways, I remember that every time Daesung had come towards me and the choreography required to put his head down, he did the SWEETEST, most BREATHTAKING smile. I think one time he actually looked at me when he did it. (If only I could see through the members’ eyes to confirm these kinds of notions, lmao.) 

-At the end, I don’t think any of the other members touched fans hands except for Seungri. After I touched his hand, I’m pretty sure another girl down the line from me tried to hold on to him, lol.

I feel almost embarrassed for myself after writing this account, haha. I hope I have good reaction shots for next week’s broadcast. I’m kind of in the middle between the rabid middle-schoolers screaming for their oppa and the chic older fans who just stand there. I’m pretty sure BB noticed I wasn’t an ordinary Korean fan when I started matching their FB moves during the chorus, lol. Mostly Korean fans stand silently or wave their lightsticks in time with the music whilst covering their faces with the slogan. I’m also hoping they practiced their English reading skills because I purposely wore a shirt that said, “SAY IT LOUD,” lmao.

I would say this experience ranks as high as BIG SHOW 2011. It was truly an AMAZING day.^^

LUUUCKY GIIIRL!!!!! OMG I THINK I WOULD HAVE FAINTED RIGHT IN PLACE IF YOUNGBAE OPPA WAS SOOO CLOSE TO MEEE!!!!!! OMG!!!!! I WANNA TALK TO HIM,TOO:(

TAEYANG always VIP*.*

No comments:

Post a Comment