Jul 30, 2010

Kanauru Adventures:Richard's Story:)

Hey everyone. This is Richard Che of Kanauru Productions ( Director, cameraman, editor etc ). If you don’t know me then that’s because I’m invisible ;D By the way to clear things up, no we’re not a group of choreographers or dancers, we’re a video production company We however do have friends that dance for fun so we place them in our videos ( the remakes anyways ). Also we don’t work with YG, we work for Movement Lifestyle who was hired by YG. Clear? Okay. I’m typically the type that doesn’t blog much but when I do, I write a lot ;D  I tend to be detailed but at the same time I’ll try not to keep it too long and redundant so bear with me. Though since It’s about Taeyang etc it shouldn’t matter too much :P

Prologue -


So I still remember the conversation I had with Shaun a while back. Actually I still have it logged!

February 02 2010
shaun: i brought her over to korea as well
richard: neat.
richard: perhaps you can bring us over next haha.
shaun: that would be dope
shaun: if i go, lets find a way to make it happen
shaun: you’ll be my film crew


I was excited but then I took it lightly because I wouldn’t want to get my hopes crushed. 6 months later he asked us if we wanted to fly to Korea. Mind you we were asked this a week before we had to fly! Pretty sudden I’d say so we had to make our decision quick.
We had to pay our own flight and so that was a pretty big decision ( Expensive! ). We decided it was a once in a lifetime chance and took it.

Day 00 / Arrival -


So we were stuck in a taxi for a while because our driver could not find where the YG building was. He kept driving around in circles and stopping to ask other taxi drivers or random people on the streets.
Eventually we arrived at street where a group of girls were just standing in the middle of. Apparently they were hanging out in front of the YG building and it took me a while to realize that they were fans waiting for a celebrity to come out. It was somewhat of a surprise to me since the YG building isn’t surrounded by a bunch of expensive buildings. It looked like an office building surrounded by a bunch of residential buildings.
Qui and I went past the fangirls and went straight to the door. I’m sure the fangirls were wondering who were since I had my camera out and we headed straight for the door haha. Upon arriving at the glass door we saw the awesomely glowing YG elevator that was replaying a bunch of YG music videos. We didn’t have Shaun’s number so we couldn’t get in. Qui and I attempted to use the building’s phone to call one of the offices but no one picked up. Eventually Shaun came out because one of his friends had arrived, so lucky for us we got in because of her. At that time we were also introduced to Jae, YG’s in house choreographer.
We went down stairs and saw 2 doors , YG Dance Studio A and B. There was a paper on Studio B’s door and it said something about 2NE1 so I assumed Studio B was primarily used for 2NE1. We went Dance Studio A and look who was there. Youngbae himself. He was taking a break from practice and was leaning on the huge speaker next to the door. Upon entering the door he just extended out his hand and smiled. Qui and I shook it and took a seat in the back where we were greeted by SE7EN.
I remember when I shook his hand and he said I’m SE7EN.
I said, SE7EN? And so he repeated again, SE7EN ( He might have thought I didn’t know who SE7EN was XD )
I asked because I guess I couldn’t recognize him ( It’s been a while since I watched his stuff ) and I guess I couldn’t believe he was Se7eN since he was chill and didn’t give off a superstar type aura.


As for my first impression of Youngbae, I thought to myself hey he looks cooler not shaving and all. Really, that was what went through my head first haha.  But it was interesting since I wasn’t exactly star struck or anything because he had this aura of a cool, friendly and very humble guy and not of a superstar. Not an intimidating but more of a welcoming and charming aura. So even if you didn’t actually know who he was, you’d be like, hey I like this guy! Whenever he smiled or messed around. you couldn’t help but smile back.

As for my impression of SE7EN, it’s similar to Youngbae but still different. Most likely because there was this sense of maturity with Se7eN. Don’t take it the wrong way, I’m not saying Youngbae is immature but think of it more along the expression of, still a kid on the inside in a positive way. Then again SE7EN is older and trains some of the other artists like Big Bang so he is a role model. Perhaps it’d a tad difficult to explain but anyways back to SE7EN. He spoke English also so it was nice to have someone to communicate with in the studio, especially we’d be spending a majority of our trip with him for the next few days. Like Youngbae, SE7EN was also very friendly and asked us questions.

We pretty much sat around watching Youngbae perform. The YG film crew was constantly filming and so as most of you’ve seen, we’re in the background of some of the Real Sound episodes. It was awesome to see him perform live though.

He always gave it 100% when he was singing and dancing. They did it several times and so it must of been tiring ( especially since “Just A Feeling” uses more energy than “I Need A Girl” ) but nothing seemed to slow him down. I was also surprised his voice held up pretty well after all that dancing. Well he is a professional after all XD

One thing I found out is Youngbae is a pretty funny guy. He had his headset on while he’s practicing so whatever he said or breathed it would come out of the speakers . So Taeyang would at times say random and amusing things over the mic. One of the things I definitely remember is him saying “I promise you..” An inside joke by Youngbae for the day. It’s a bit vague to me how it got started but it might of been when Shaun told Youngbae to do something and Youngbae responded with “I promise you Shaun”. Well something like that, but the point is he kept saying “I promise you”. He said it seriously but you can still hear the humorous undertone. So throughout practice you could hear him saying “I promise you” over the speakers whenever he could. I’m sure girls would of loved it if he said it directly to them ;D You just had to be there, unfortunately I wasn’t able to film it since it was pretty random and I didn’t know when he was going to say it :P Sometimes he’d breathe loud on purpose for everyone to hear haha ( I was able to record some of that ;D ) . Also at one point Shaun wanted Youngbae to not face the mirrors but face the people sitting down.

It was a tad awkward since sometimes he’d move to the side and was dancing only like 5 feet from our faces haha XD. Shaun wanted Youngbae to pretend it was the performance and make eye contact with us. So yea, that’s pretty close eye contact haha Eventually there was a break and he talked to us a bit and asked Qui and I where we were from, how old we were, and what nationality we were.

Also we befriended one of the Taeyang’s dancers named Sol since he spoke English fairly well ( he said he learned his English from watching TV shows lol ). Upon learning his name I thought it was pretty amusing, I think most of you should know why :P . Some of you may recognize him since he is on of the dancers in the Wedding Dress MV also. It sort of became vague after that, except for when it struck midnight Youngbae sang something special for someone ( You’ll find out in the videos :P ) We also met Kush, Master Wu ( or that may have been another day ), and some other artists before we left. I believe Youngbae and his dancers went to a party while Movement Lifestyle went to eat BBQ.

Day 01 / MNET –


So it finally begins, day 01. We hung out with Se7en and Keone for most of the time until we had to leave for Taeyang’s MNET performance.

When we got to the MNET building there were a line of girls outside. Upon entering the building I was pretty stoked since the interior was awesome. There was almost a door everywhere and each door required a card, so security was tighter this way ( but also really really annoying we found out later when no one around had the keys). We were led to the room where all the dancers and Taeyang were getting their makeup done. Shaun told us not to bother Taeyang since he needs his own space to think and prep for the performance so we went downstairs to eat. I got pho, which was pretty disappointing since it was nowhere near the Pho I eat here back in San Francisco. Anyways, while we almost finished our dinner? We saw G-dragon come over to some of the other YG family who were eating next to us , I forgot who was there. But once I saw G-Dragon I was star struck. He definitely gave off a different aura compared to Taeyang. G-Dragon had this super star aura which was pretty interesting, not in a bad way. Intimidating initially but once he was around us more it was more comfortable.

After eating we got back up to the Taeyang room and waited for a while. While waiting I talked to Sol since he was the only other guy that knew English. He talked to us about how uncomfortable his outfit was, especially the boots :P but you’ll get more details about that later in the videos.

While we were waiting for the elevator G-Dragon was dancing a bit of wedding dress ( This will be in the video ;D )

After seeing G-Dragon around more frequently, I realized Aimee was right about him. He is how he looks he is. He has this hyper personality to him as if he’ll never run out of energy. A very positive and upbeat aura. He reminded me of a little kid.
We shook also G-Dragon’s hand at some point, I think it might of been before the performance to wish him luck.


It actually took a while for us to get from the room down to the stage since the elevator was extremely slow and we had so many people. Once we actually got down stairs I was surprised because we had to walk through a room where a bunch of Korean girls were sitting down. It almost looked like a class. I’m assuming the fans were waiting around and receiving instructions.

It was pretty interesting to see how things worked behind the scenes. Youngbae was still at it again and he’d like to make jokes or say funny things over the microphone even on stage when everyone was preparing for the performance.
During one of practice sessions Youngbae goes from the front platform and walks all the way back to the stage. So Qui and I were filming and taking photos next to the stage. As he was walking by he said hi to Qui and he looked at me and pointed and so I took a photo of him.


We also sat with G-Dragon and Shaun when they were watching Youngbae perform. It was amusing because during the breaks girls would keep staring at G-Dragon in awe.
I’m going to skip to the end of the performance since I’m lazy.


So it finally ended, it probably was 3am or later. Everyone started leaving the room. As I was leaving I heard Qui shaking hands with someone behind me. That person went past me while I was picking up something and then extended his hand out so I shook it. I looked up and it took a few seconds to register that it was Youngbae. I initially thought Qui was shaking hands with one of the dancers so that pretty much delayed my process of thinking haha. I was like, wait that wasn’t one of dancers hand I shook it was Youngbae’s.

We eventually got downstairs and were standing outside trying to figure out how we were getting back to our hotel. I think Taeyang’s manager/driver said we could ride in their car, Shaun asked Taeyang if it was cooll, and he gave the okay so we went into the car with G-Dragon and Taeyang. Qui and I got in and sat in the last row. G-Dragon was sitting shotgun and Shaun and Youngbae were sitting in the 2nd row. G-Dragon still had a bit of energy, he was exhausted but still had his hyper energetic personality so he was clapping GOOD JOB!! and then yelled “I’M OUT!” ( Maybe you’ll get to see this video  :P ). We arrived at GD and Youngbae’s place. Amusingly when we entered the parking lot there were 3 girls or so standing at the entrance of the lot. GD and Youngbae were dropped off directly in front of the entrance of the building and so the girls missed them ( it might also be that they aren’t allowed to stand right in front of the building ).

The rest –


I’m just going to combine the rest of the days since it’s easier that way and especially since I can’t remember what happened when.

SE7EN
So Keone, Qui, and I found out SE7EN likes to randomly sing. He randomly sings parts of random YG songs at times. While we were in the room watching Dara and Youngbae practice “I Need A Girl” he was singing it. SE7EN did a pretty good job at it. I forgot why I didn’t record it, might be because I didn’t want to disrespect him and also we might be allowed to do so. I definitely remember him rapping G-Dragon’s part, that was awesome :D Oh well. Anyways every time SE7EN sung around Keone, Qui and I, we would look at each other with amazement in our eyes and go wow haha. SE7EN was the artist we got to talk to most since he was there pretty much all of the days. He’s pretty chill and funny so I was quite comfortable talking with him. It’d be fun to hang out with him back in the states.


2NE1
on the other hand was a different story. At best I’d only be able to say Hi them XP Most of the time whenever I said Hi it was directed to CL since she’s typically the one to notice me first or the first person I see when I walk in. It was pretty uncomfortable being in Studio B initially since 2NE1 TV was in there with all their cameras and Shaun was really strict about when I should be in the room and when I should be recording (  Qui wasn’t allowed to be in the room until 2 days later or the next day ).


So whenever I was around 2NE1 I was more tense, unlike when I’m around Se7en and Youngbae I can simply relax and chill. That was pretty much my mindset for the entire trip so I didn’t really try to talk to them because I felt I wasn’t allowed to or wasn’t “worthy” per se. Kind of sucked always being in that room and not being able to talk to them, it’s just awkward haha. After awhile I did feel more relaxed but still couldn’t really bring myself to talk to them. Anyways CL definitely acts as a leader and gives off the leader type of aura. Minzy has this fun and upbeat energy about her, especially since she likes to randomly dance at times or do her own thing. I can’t say much for the other girls , especially since I didn’t get to talk to them so I can’t fully grasp it. But Dara certainly did an excellent job for “I Need A Girl”. We were watching Dara and Youngbae dance during practice and it looked really good in person ( the music video didn’t do it justice unfortunately ). As Mari previously said, Dara is perfect for this dance since it’s more of a “gentle” dance and it fits her more.

DAESUNG
While Qui and I were filming SE7EN’s practice I heard someone open the door behind me. He greeted everyone in Korea. I turned around and couldn’t really tell who it was, but I’m pretty sure it was Daesang. He was all sweaty and had a towel around his neck, probably came down from the gym. After he said hi he left right away.


T.O.P
I also saw T.O.P at one point. While I was filming practice I saw someone peeking through the door ( the door is all glass ). He was looking around the room and then looked at me and then left. The way he was looking around the room was amusing, sort of reminded of tLollipop where T.O.P is lipsyncing and looking left and right before he says dynamite.


Seungri
I didn’t see him at all.


Minzy
So Minzy walked out of Studio B to do something, I don’t remember for what. I also walked out, I don’t remember for what reason either haha. As we walked out I think someone’s Motorola phone went off. So Minzy said “Hello Moto” . I was behind her and repeated the phrase but in the HELLO MOTO voice and she laughed. I asked her if I could take a photo with her later and she said okay. But I never asked her again later because I didn’t want to bother her so it never happened XP However I later bought a plush Hulk Fist for her / 2NE1 to sign ( Some of you may know, Minzy was dancing with a Hulk Fist in the “FIRE Space Version MV ).  Unfortunately Keone and Shaun don’t know where it is so I can’t take a photo of it…hopefully it’ll turn up somehow.

Teddy
I’ll just let him remain mysterious haha


YG
Secret. Though I do have a somewhat amusing story to tell. We were all standing in the recording room when YG watched the “I Need A Girl” video for the first time ( I think? )  and decided that he didn’t like it and that they’d refilm it next week haha. We also got him to autograph our Taeyang Deluxe Edition album so that was awesome of him.


Taeyang
Youngbae is a very social and friendly guy, he acts in a way that made me feel like he’s been a friend of mine for a while. While Qui and I were eating dinner in the cafeteria Youngbae finished his first and so he came over, stood at our table and talked to us. I forgot what we were talking about but I know we talked about Chrome Heart. At one point Shaun was working on choreography for Youngbae, Qui filmed it and so Shaun took it and played the video back for him and the dancers to watch. We all hunched over to see the video. While I was hunched over I suddenly felt someone use their arm on my back as a arm rest. I turned my head around and it was Youngbae, he was trying to take a peek at the choreography also haha. Though once Shaun noticed Youngbae was watching the footage Shaun turned it off and told him he didn’t want Youngbae to see it yet. So yea again, he’s really a cool guy :D


On the last day we ate BBQ with the SE7EN, Dara, the dancers, and the managers. I’m pretty sure we’re not allowed to upload the group photo we took together :[

That ends my long long rant. I really hope to meet all the great people at YG again, they’re all good friends. Props to the managers for taking great care of us. Shout out to Youngbae, SE7EN, 2NE1, Jae, YG, Teddy, Sol and the rest of the YG Family and dancers.  I look forward to going back to Korea in the future :D Though I doubt if anyone will remember us haha XD

PS
I kept mentioning videos. I’ll be releasing episodes of our trip to Korea ( with bits of 2NE1, SE7EN, GD and Taeyang ). So if you want the scoop on what’s it like in the new YG building, MNET performance, the making of choreography and teaching it and more , definitely subscribe to Movement Lifestyle and Kanauru and for updates!


Thanks for listening! I hope you enjoyed my very long diary :P

-Richard


















Source:Always Taeyang

AYY!!!! Our sunshine is the cutest boy in the world!!!! He is soo playful and funny but at the same time cute and hot!!! They could see him rehearse and shook his hands!!!!!*.* Can't wait to see the videos!!!*.* "I promise"xDDDD

TAEYANG always VIP*.*





No comments:

Post a Comment